Tuesday, April 9, 2019

HBK7: Just Starting Out

Now that my supplies have finally arrived and I'm in the mindset to start making things I guess HBK7 will begin. I ended up getting myself a basketweave stamp from toolpaw on etsy and it works great. So good news is my saddles can now look more ornate with basket weaving which coincidentally is what my real life western saddle has. Bad news is it is way more labor intense to make a saddle and this tiny tool takes some getting used to. I've only just started tooling the skirt and I've got a bunch of other pieces to give the same treatment to.... :(


But check it out!
My basketweave is a little clumsy and uneven but I'm getting the hang of this tool. It's a little difficult to line up since the tip is so tiny.


I'm happy with the results, even if it takes copius amounts of time to do this detailed of work. Luckily I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style