Happy New Year!
2020 was a long and difficult year. I have no illusions about 2021 suddenly becoming sunshine and roses, we will still face COVID and lockdowns for much of it. But a lot of good things did come out of 2020 so I want to focus on those:
- I wrote 41 blog posts for 2020 which is definitely a record!
- We adopted Soup!
- I got my new printer, Nora which is a prusa mini and can do smaller and more detailed things.
- I got engaged to the love of my life even though covid messed up any plans for a wedding in the near future.
- Blog more often! (What every blogger ever says). Ideally I want to keep to a 2 blog posts per month/ every other week schedule.
- 41 posts is more than 2 per month!
- Make 5 new designs. That works out to roughly 1 every 2 months with some room to spare. Between my day job and my shop, design time is low.
- Well by my count I managed 16 new designs! Knocked that one out of the park!
- Redo all photos because I need to up my game!
- I did actually manage to do this which is kinda surprising to me.
- Keep a better inventory of popular items. I got slammed over thanksgiving with 20 orders, I definitely did not have enough stock to keep up with that...
- I did try. But unfortunately I ran out of stock of some things. This years thanksgiving sale involved 38 orders... Luckily they all got out on time. Still going to have to work on this one.
- Make a saddle. I want to improve that skill too. So I need some practice.
- Mainly due to the IMTM this did get accomplished! And I improved a lot of skills like having adjustable stirrups and working on tooling.