Saturday, March 23, 2019

Preparations

Now that my life is just a little bit less of a mess, I'm getting back in the saddle making! So I'm kinda tired of making little bitty stablemate saddles mainly due to the fact that the saddles are easy but I cannot for the life of me manage to make a decent bridle. The leather gets too fine and brittle. So as I could not even and I'm going to have to pick up a lot more skills before I try to tackle that ever again. Which is why I'm going to announce a temporary end to the 1:32 scale saddle making.

But guess what, I'm going back to the safety of traditional scale! So I've got my Rio Rondo order all drafted and I'm ready to get some more supplies. Ideally I plan on making two western saddles, one a fancy show saddle and one less silvery trail saddle. I also have the stuff to make an english set which I have a guide for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style