Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Green

I love colorful kitchens! Yes white cabinets look crisp and clean (until they don't) but they're also kinda boring. Blue cabinets, green cabinets, even brown cabinets are better in my opinion. Now that I've got a 1:9 cabinet model any color is possible. I'll have some of these cabinets (unfinished) available with prep instructions. The light blue kitchen was done with a coat of spray primer followed by two coats light blue spray paint. This is the easiest way to paint them. The spray paint adheres well, there's minimal effort and you don't have to hide brush strokes. I swear I'll be doing any more kitchens/ painted prints this way. But this is about the second way, the hard way.

This way still requires a layer of primer, specifically one intended for plastics. I still sprayed on my primer for this because it is way easier but brush on primers exist and can be ordered off of amazon. 




Then I started brushing on the craft acrylic. This is at two coats.




Three coats!




Here's them with 4 coats and all assembled with the beginnings of a counter! 



1 comment:

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style