Monday, March 14, 2022

Burn-out

 Over the pandemic when absolutely everything was closed my studio became my shelter. I could shut everything going on in the world down and happily work on creating new props. I made tiny furniture because I was sick of looking at all of my same-old stuff. I made a sleigh for christmas, I'd always wanted to work on a vehicle! But now, everything is open, I've had all the shots and as I want to go back out into the world I find myself feeling tired. Spending every weekend packing up orders. The non-stop hum of my 3d printer. The never ending lists of prints on my to-do board. Every new order would put a smile on my face, I enjoyed boxing them up for their new home and making my packaging look fancy. Now while I am extremely grateful, I find that the burn-out is catching up. I don't think I'm the only person in the hobby experiencing this, I think it's pretty common for anyone doing one thing for a long time to need a break. So I'm going to be taking one. Because burn-out and mental health are important. Recognizing that something is not making you happy even if it once did. I'm going to work on a few me projects. I'm going to crochet a bit. I'm going to relax without to-do lists or due-dates. This is not me saying I will be radio silent, I'll probably still update this blog (as infrequently as ever) and post on my instagram. As my favorite soap maker on youtube would say, "Do something fun for yourself today." Like setting up your doll in a comfy chair with a cat. Or figuring out how to make a fireplace to make it even cozier.




1 comment:

  1. I miss making cross stitch blankets. Making textile stuff with your hands is absolutely "me time." I look forward to your return, rested and refreshed.

    ReplyDelete

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style