Sunday, February 6, 2022

DIY Arm Chair

 If you follow my Instagram, you may notice I'm on a bit of a furniture kick. I don't ask why, I just go with it. So I found this really great tutorial for making armchairs. I figured why not try it for my 1:9 dolls?



So here's the link to the youtube: https://youtu.be/R7EAc9g5NSE . The creator kindly has a link to here pattern in the description. You'll need to rescale it to 1:9 if you want it for breyer dolls.


I cut my pattern out. The print was kinda wonky, cutting some parts of the chair in half but I'm sure it will be fine. Also I only have reallllly thick foam. So here we go!


Funny story so before Anthony and I started dating, my roommate was trying to wing-woman. He asked her what he could get to woo me... He brought me glue sticks 😂. Totally worked too! Anyway, I glued my template down on the foam then cut out the pieces. From my saddle making, I cut the C piece then cut B from it so they would match. 

Then assemble it. The cat approves.


It looked a little big... 

So I had to disassemble and cut it down. (I'll have to redo my pattern scaling if I make another one.) It definitely looks much better! 


I didn't have batting so I used fleece for this one. It's not as good at smoothing out but this part was done during the ice storm so I wasn't going anywhere to get some.


I did my back a bit differently. I traced out the back of the chair, then flipped it to either side so that I could cut out 1 continuous piece for the entire back. Just make sure to give yourself 1/2 inch for folding over.



I actually just paneled the insides too. 


I made the bottom cushion by making a piece of foam that fits onto the seat, then putting a little bit of fiber fill. I covered the fiber fill with fleece and then fabric. 


I glued the cushion on and I've ordered some nice legs to complete the chair. Until then, I guess it's just going to be a bit short!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style