Saturday, June 3, 2023

Visiting Horse College

I helped my sister move out of her barn after she graduated and I figured there might be in some interest in the equine center at Murry State. 


The main building had classrooms and offices. There was also a really cool display of their ribbons and I'm definitely going to be trying to make a ribbon wreath at some point.


They have a massive arena which my sister said she took a lot of riding classes in. 





The pastures were decent sized and very pretty although I don't think the horses liked eating the yellow flowers too much. 



The student barn was... a barn. The cool part was that they had ramps to get up into the hay loft which made it way easier to move all of her horse stuff out. 


The stalls were pretty decent. Murry State lets students board their horses there even if they are not members of the equestrian teams.


They also had two foals which were very cute! Part of the curriculum was to be on foal watch with the students taking turns.




There were also some friendly barn kitties!


Overall it looked like a very cool place to study and very nice barns. Plus they have a horse as their mascot!





















2 comments:

  1. Reading all this, I figured out your sister didn't actually live in a barn. What was her degree? and congratulations! The foals are so cute! The stalls look well designed. Good luck with the ribbons: I've had plans for a ribbon quilt forever, but alas, it hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by all the stuff I moved, she may as well have lived there lol. Her degree is in psychology with a minor in equine management.

      Delete

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style