Friday, March 12, 2021

18 Ways Not to Make a Saddle Rack

Every once and a while you'll come across a quote about Thomas Edison saying something along the lines of "I have not failed 1,000 times, I have learned 1,000 ways not to make a lightbulb."

If that is the case then this massive pile of prototypes is just successfully not making a saddle rack?

I made a lot of prototypes. I've never really designed anything that has moving parts before and it was super difficult to wrap my mind around how each piece should look to get the finished product. I'll ask a simple question, can you picture a beach? Can you conjure the image of a yellow star and rotate it? If you can that's super cool and I envy you immensely. I cannot, I have aphantasia which means that while I know what the concept of a thing is, the ocean is blue, the sky is blue, there are palm trees... I see nothing, just blackness when I close my eyes. 

Maybe that's why there are soooo many uglies? 


But it was worth it!



I'm making a bunch to donate. Due to how fragile they are I will be selling the via commission only to make sure they don't get used as a play item. I'm selling them for $15, just go to my etsy shop, https://www.etsy.com/shop/HandcraftedByKari and click the Contact button and ask for a wire saddle rack, state how many and the color you want and I will get back to you.







2 comments:

  1. What I see are 18 almost identical tries, which makes me wonder to what degree your perfectionism is honed. Such detail orientation is not unknown in this hobby,... but it's not common either.

    ReplyDelete

Upgrading a Wreath, horse girl style